Saturday, March 22, 2014

Southwest wanderings blog..who knows what day..

Well, wifi has been sketchy to no postings.
There has been a lot of driving to get from post A to B..lots of open land and not as much to see as I would have liked. I guess it is like that in the southern part if New Mexico. We did have fun in Silver City New Mexico, a reviving little artist community. Lost of coffee shops and a coupe wine bars but otherwise, several artist studio galleries, some better than others but what they have done to the old buildings is charming. Also at some point they had a mural competition, so that has added to the flavor of the old town, that I am writing about.
Scott and I are a bit overwhelmed with the poverty in which much of the population lives here in the southwest. We are grateful for all we are blessed with I our lives.
Today we left Silver City for Las Crucas, which turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. Wee had heard the Messilla was the "artistic place" to hang out, and that we should go to the Double Eagle/ peppers I think it was. Anyway, that was probably the best meal I had ever eaten. Chicken Pichacho. Yum!
Tomorrow we will be going to White Sands, and depending how long we take on that excursion, we might just give up our second day at this not so nice RV park. Don't go to the candlelight RV park. Not worth the stop. It was on our passport America membership but so not a good place.
I wish I could post Picts but still have not been able to link up with the right google plus account. You can look on my Facebook though to see a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment