Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day one of Southwest wandering adventure


Sorry but I thought I lost this one but found it.. Tells more about our first day in detail.. I am on a learning curve.. Bare with me...

Day one of our journey was more of a get there day. The 8 hour drive from temecula to a Kia camp in Eloy AZ was safe and uneventful. It was a long day of driving but after we got to camp and set up we went over to the bar/ steakhouse.. Yes in the middle of no where.. There we found Elvis was in the building, or out in the open as it were...on stage at the KOA camp swing his hips and mumbling his tunes. I say that cuz he was more if an Elvis personality than a singer but quite entertaining just the same. He worked the crowd giving the ladies scarves. He came over and shook Scott's hand and the took mine and kissed me. It was fun. He came over and gave Scott a pair of Elvis glasses then said he was going to change and come back. We were done with our margaritas so Scott wanted to go back to the Scamp. 
Didn't sleep well, but never do the first night. After breakfast we decided on the next camping spot, Silver City, New Mexico where we will sit for two nights. I got a hankerin to find those hot springs for that crick in my back. 
Will try to post the days adventure each night.


No comments:

Post a Comment