Thursday, March 20, 2014

Our southwestern trip through NEW MEXICO

This is my second attempt at blogging today from my phone. Hoping this time it works.
Last night we were in a KOA camp in Eloy AZ and to our surprise we were entertained by Elvis while drinking Margaritas. He apparently makes an appearance on Wed. and Sun. Although not the best singing voice, he was quite entertaining. He had the routines and gyrations down as well as gifting women his scarf. He shook Scott's hand, gave him glasses and then kissed me! Pretty funny.

Today we drove along the 10 and the up to Silver City where I was delighted to find an eclectic artist community in their old town. The buildings were brightly painted and murals scattered throughout the town. It was late in the day so most everything was already closed.  Oh, and we also passed by what looked like a huge mining opperation, but we found out that what we could see from the road was only about 10% of the whole thing. Pretty impressive.
I wanted to post Picts but am as yet unable to get photos from my google plus account. Apparently it won't go direct from my phon. Since I somehow have two google plus accounts, I need to figure out how to either switch the one linked to this blog or delete one of the google accounts. Might take a while.
I am posting some Picts to my Facebook..

No comments:

Post a Comment